Thursday 6 April 2017

Lost For Words Today

On my way home from shopping today I drove past a funeral procession waiting to start it's journey. I knew instantly it was clearly for a child and it hit me particularly hard this week as my emotions are running high. I cannot even begin to fathom how the family must be feeling right now. If for any reason you come across this blog, I know you will have heard this a thousand times over but.. I am so so sorry for your loss. And I do not say that with empty sentiment I promise.

Last March I sat planning my child's funeral, I don't talk about that side of it much but I did. It was the only way I could process the situation. I had no control over what was happening to Dylan and planning what I would do, say, wear, sing.. those things I could control and in the hopelessness of March 24th-28th it seemed inevitable. We were lucky, others are not and I cannot imagine walking in those shoes..

Now that part is over, the really hard part begins for those families.. the living every day from now onwards. I cannot offer any words of wisdom, any little anecdotes or quotations that might help because truthfully if you haven't walked that path you simply do not know. We got a glimpse of that path briefly and took a few steps but we never saw the full journey ahead.

I do however strongly recommend anybody wanting support following the loss of a child to visit www.sayinggoodbye.org

Love and prayers, The Askin Family xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment