Wednesday 3 January 2018

Triggered

So after writing my post last night I had a full on meltdown. Something happened New Year’s Day that isn’t my story to tell but it landed us back in a hospital visiting family members after a very serious incident that could have been fatal. Whilst we were waiting Dylan kept looking uneasy and tearful and kept telling me “I love you” over and over.  I put it down to tiredness as it had been a long stressful day after a late night prior for New Year’s Eve. That night I couldn’t sleep and kept flashing back to the moment we started to say goodbye to Dylan and turn his medications off. I had been a lot better recently so it almost felt raw again.

Fast forward to last night and I was still feeling uneasy and picturing those moments we nearly lost him in my mind. Feeling tearful myself and struggling to fight back the emotions, I was then tipped over the edge by Dylan waking up crying. He obviously got up to the toilet and got disoriented which he can do sometimes but then he kept saying “I love you” over and over to me again when I tried to figure out why he was crying. After taking him to he toilet and putting him back to bed once he had calmed down, it just hit me like a wave and I couldn’t hold back the tears any longer. Luckily he was fine for the rest of the night but I didn’t sleep well.

One of our family members that was involved in the incident is still not doing very well so it’s a very worrying time for us right now. The other is now recovering at home thankfully but they could have both been killed and it really is another stark reminder that life is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment