Monday 25 January 2016

Getting There Slowly..

Even though it doesn't look like the chest drain is working, the air in the chest cavity is certainly reducing slowly so leaving the drain in today and reassessing in the morning.

Last night Daddy stayed so I could go home and do some of my washing and pick up some more bits I wanted etc. Plus so I could try and get a decent night sleep. The house felt so empty without both of the boys, I ended up sleeping with a blanket of Dylan's and having a bit of an emotional breakdown... I try so hard to stay strong in front of the children, in particular Dylan, so when I'm on my own I tend to snap and loose it all.

I wouldn't wish this on anybody, wondering if your child is going to make it to their 3rd, 4th, 5th birthday. Wondering how much worse they are going to get whilst waiting for a transplant. Wondering what genetic results we will get... The unknown is the hardest part for me, and at least when I'm at the hospital with Dylan I'm just focusing on the present.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment