Thursday 21 January 2016

Happy Birthday!

On April 26th 2013 at 10:17am after a fairly short induction of labour, our second boy was born via emergency Caesarean section. He was perfect, needed absolutely no help breathing, and once I awoke from the General Anesthetic I held him in my arms and was breathless myself at his beauty. He looked just like his big brother and I was stunned as to how alert he was and how big! Weighing in at a chunky 8lb9oz I was thankful he was a c-section in some ways!!

My pregnancy with Dylan was fairly straight forward to start, unlike his brother Bryce with whom I suffered Hyperemesis Gravidarum for the first trimester. However, during the third trimester with Dylan the dreaded Pre-Eclampsia raised it's ugly head again, as it had with Bryce, and the decision was later taken to induce labour late at night when I was 39+6. They suspected Placental Abruption the following morning so that is why it ended in emergency Caesarean.

After a short stay we went home, a happy family of 4 now with no worries or concerns and excited for our future!

Fast forward 2 years to October 2016 and we conceived again! This time took us a few months of trying, unlike the boys who were both conceived the first attempt. We were thrilled, excited for our third and final addition and looking forward to our last Christmas as a foursome, little did we know the world had other ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment