Tuesday 26 April 2016

3rd Birthday

Today was Dylan's 3rd birthday.. a day that on many occasions this year I did not think we would be celebrating!

To mark the special occasion and because he has been so brave and strong throughout the toughest of times, we arranged a little surprise for him through a company called Promise Dreams. It was all done a bit last minute due to the nature of how poorly Dylan had been until recently but between the company, our Clic Sargent worker, our Macmillan nurse and the doctors and nurses we managed to pull it off...



Mummy also made him a special cake.. it is tradition in our household that I make the birthday cakes and even though it would have been so much easier (and cheaper) to buy the large R2D2 cake that Asda does, it just didn't feel right to do so, it felt more special making one. This I think stems from my upbringing and the fact my parents would always create mine each year, mum baking and dad decorating. Plus I think homemade cakes taste better to be truthful as I am a bit of a cake snob!!


He had an absolutely amazing day and I am so grateful to everybody involved for making it so special!

Today also marked the last dose of his withdrawal medication weaning plan, it has now been 6 days with no chest drains AND.. he took his first steps today!!!!!!! 

The best day EVER <3


No comments:

Post a Comment