Sunday 12 June 2016

"You're Crazy!"

Seriously, if one more person tells me I am crazy/mad/a glutton for punishment/going to struggle etc. I am going to scream!!!!

OBVIOUSLY if we had known about Dylan's condition beforehand we wouldn't have been having another baby.. that's just common sense really! We planned it out so we'd have the same age gap between all three children, we had always wanted three children. We had our 12 week scan THREE DAYS before our first glimpse into Dylan's illness and ever since all I've done is wish we weren't having another baby. There I've said it! Obviously I love him and am excited deep down for his arrival but life is going to be so tough and that worries me every day!

The more people that make comments, the worse I feel.. I already KNOW that I am going to struggle to cope so all these comments just reinforce that and add to my anxiety and my self doubt.

I genuinely don't know how I am going to manage but I don't really have much choice in the matter so please stop making comments without first thinking about the impact it might have on my already waning self confidence and belief. 

And as for strangers that feel the need to comment.. well truthfully you make me not want to leave the house sometimes! I don't know what it is about a certain generation that makes them so judgemental and makes them think they have the right to comment on every body else's lifestyles. I realise things were "different" in your generation and nowadays you are seeing lots of different walks of life but did nobody ever teach you that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover? Or of course my absolute favourite.. if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment