Thursday 4 February 2016

Difficult Decisions..

Dylan finally got discharged on Monday, very late in the evening. It took a lot of discussion but they decided to send him home without oxygen for now as his sleep study was ok. They do, however, want him to do a sleep study at home next Thursday so we've got to go back to collect a monitor.

On Tuesday we had a scan appointment which went really well. Afterwards I was referred to the hospital midwife as I have a low Papp-a result. This can cause slow growth, placental issues and surprise surprise pre-eclampsia. She then looked at all my previous paperwork and saw I had the same with both boys so that would make sense regarding the pre-eclampsia, but apparently they've only recently changed the process of monitoring the levels.

We also discussed Dylan.. this baby's (Logan) lungs looked absolutely fine on the scan after I asked them to double check. Professor Smith at QMC mentioned that if Dylan was born with such damaged lungs then they perhaps would have shown up as brighter on his scans, so the consultant on Tuesday looked through all the images from my four scans with Dylan and all looked normal.

I have another scan booked now for 23 weeks for reassurance, and they advised me to contact them if we get a diagnosis for Dylan before then. The question was asked if this is genetic and Logan has the same would we want to continue with this pregnancy...

I would be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind, but every second with Dylan is worth all the pain and misery.. as long as he isn't suffering then it is worth every single second and I wouldn't change it for the world so yes we would still continue to have Logan..


No comments:

Post a Comment